History and Preparation:
A Step-By-Step Guide for Preparing Clients for Processing Trauma in Therapy
Date: May 20, 2023
Time: 9:00 am to 1:00 pm (Central Time)
4 CE Credits
Conducted Live Online Through CompassionWorks.com
This workshop is open to all therapists.
Identifying when clients are ready and have the regulation skills for processing their trauma can be difficult. This training provides a structured step-by-step to method to gather a thorough history and preparation method for getting clients ready for processing traumatic experiences in therapy.
This live 4-hour webinar course is filled with an easy instructional guide including live demonstrations, sample forms, and practical strategies for in-session exercises and client homework exercises to help with regulation.
By the end of the course, you will have a step-by-step guide for introducing a therapeutic treatment modality to clients, assessing client readiness for processing traumatic experiences, and client preparation with regulation skills. Treatment planning techniques are shown for sequencing of processing traumatic experiences. I’ll show you stabilization exercises to help clients build skills in their ego strength and affect tolerance. New methods for the use of guided imagery are included with live demonstrations and scripted handouts.
Forms, client exercises, and a quick reference guide are included with the training. Join me in this training, and let me show you an easy step-by-step method to properly prepare your clients for trauma therapy.
- Objective: Describe a step-by-step process for history and preparation for clinicians working with clients for processing traumatic experiences in therapy. The training provides a guide to assist therapists with gathering adequate information for client history, recognize client readiness for processing traumatic experiences, identifying client needs in preparation phase, and creating a treatment plan for processing traumatic experiences.
- Explain a brief overview of the AIP Model and Extinction Learning
- Explain a step-by-step guide for the client history phase
- Demonstrate treatment planning technique exercise and sample forms
- Identify a step-by-step guide for the preparation phase
- Practice stabilization exercises during the preparation phase
|Amanda Martin, PhD, LMFT-S, LPC, BCN has over 14 years of experience and specializes working with people and families with trauma histories in residential and outpatient settings. She has a PhD in Family Therapy and has the following licenses: Licensed Marriage and Family Therapist Supervisor, and Licensed Professional Counselor. Amanda is EMDR Certified, an Approved Consultant in EMDR, and an EMDR Virtual Trainer with CompassionWorks.|
|Amanda Martin, PhD, LMFT-S, LPC|
On the date of this workshop, 05/20/23 at 9:00 am Central Time, you will access the Zoom.us link to the live instruction through the CompassionWorks.com user account you create or log into upon checkout. The workshop will be located under My Courses when you click on your username.
You will need to be able to have a quiet space for participation with your fully functioning computer connected to the internet. Your computer must have full audio and video capabilities. Using a Chrome or Firefox browser is preferred. If you need to attend by smartphone, while not ideal, is also possible. Go <here> for more information.
- If cancellation is more than 14 days prior to the workshop start date then full refund of amount paid minus a $35 dollar administrative fee is given.
- If cancellation is between 4-14 days before the workshop start date then no refund is given but we can apply the amount paid minus a $35 fee to another training or workshop.
- If cancellation is 3 days or less prior to the workshop start date then no refund is given but we can apply the amount minus half to another training or workshop.
Four (4) continuing education (CE) credits for Texas LPC, LCSW, and MFT mental health professionals and are provided by CompassionWorks at no additional charge.
Continuing Education (CE) credits are also provided through CE-Classes for those needing credits for licenses outside of Texas. These are included in the registration price.
In this case, CE Classes is the provider of continuing education (CE) credits. The Skill Level is Beginner. “There are no known conflicts of interests for this workshop”. These credits are for Psychologists and Counselors outside of Texas. A total of 4 CEs are available.
“Certificates are awarded online after completion of the workshop. Participants print their own certificate after registering at ce-classes.com, entering a keycode, and completing an evaluation form.”
“Licensed Professionals should contact their regulatory board to determine course approval”
All grievances must be in writing to Ariel Shafer, and will be replied to within 5 – 10 business days.)
ADA assistance – Please contact Ariel Shafer if special accommodation is required.
CE-Classes is approved by:
- The American Psychological Association (APA) CE-Classes.com is approved by the American Psychological Association to sponsor continuing education for psychologists. CE-Classes.com maintains responsibility for this program and its content.
- This course is NOT available for NBCC credit
- This training does not offer ASWB ACE credit to social workers.
- Florida Certification Board
- The Florida Board of Clinical Social Work, Marriage and Family Therapy and Mental Health Counseling Provider #852 BAP-Expires 3/31/2023
- The California Board of Behavioral Sciences. The California Board of Behavioral Sciences, BBS, recognizes relevant course work/training that has been approved by nationally recognized certifying bodies, such as APA, to satisfy renewal requirements.
- California Consortium of Addiction Programs and Professionals (CCAPP) Provider Number OS-12-147-0223 Expires 02-2023
- The Texas Board of Social Work Examiners – CE-Classes.com meets the requirements for acceptable continuing education
- The Texas Board of Professional Counselors – CE-Classes.com meets the requirements for acceptable continuing education
- Massachusetts Authorization Number: (TBD)
- Ohio Counselor, Social Worker and Marriage and Family Therapist Board – Provider # RCST031201
- New York Social Work Board – CE-Classes.com is recognized by the New York State Education
Department’s State Board for Social Work as an approved provider of
continuing education for licensed social workers #SW-0120.
- The Florida Board of Nursing (CE Provider #: 50-4896) Expires 10/31/2024 Do not send certificates to the Florida Board of Nursing. You must keep this certificate for 4 years.
- The California Board of Registered Nursing. CEP 15647 Expires 11/30/2024.
Register for May 20, 2023