0 of 48 Questions completed
You have already completed the quiz before. Hence you can not start it again.
Quiz is loading…
You must sign in or sign up to start the quiz.
You must first complete the following:
0 of 48 Questions answered correctly
Time has elapsed
You have reached 0 of 0 point(s), (0)
Earned Point(s): 0 of 0, (0)
0 Essay(s) Pending (Possible Point(s): 0)
2. The Adaptive Information Processing (AIP) model posits:
3. In EMDR therapy, pathology is viewed in terms of maladaptive memory networks which have not been fully reprocessed and continue to be held in a state-specific form giving rise to maladaptive perceptions, behaviors, beliefs and attitudes.
4. Which of the Mechanisms of Action has not been strongly supported as an explanation for EMDR therapy?
5. One way in which EMDR therapy differs from Cognitive Behavioral therapy is no homework is required for EMDR to be effective.
6. The three-pronged protocol refers to which of the following:
7. The positive/future template involves applying bilateral stimulation while a client runs through the sequence of a challenging past experience until there is no longer a disturbance associated with it.
8. Shapiro states that history-taking should:
9. So far, no medications appear to completely block EMDR processing, although benzodiazepines have been reported to reduce treatment efficacy with some clients.
10. Shapiro (2018) states that because EMDR therapy has been shown to be effective and efficient, it is not necessary to take steps to test whether clients can manage moderate to high levels of emotional disturbance and to practice self-control procedures.
11. During Phase 1, the clinician:
12. Which of the following statements is false about clusters?
13. Shapiro (2018) states that screening for dissociative disorders should be done by all EMDR clinicians before starting reprocessing and that treating individuals who meet criteria for DID requires additional training.
14. According to Shapiro, The Dissociative Experiences Scale (DES-II) should be administered during Phase One, as an initial screening for dissociation. Further exploration may be warranted.
15. Shapiro (2018) suggests the Safe/Calm place exercise is recommended as part of the preparation phase before starting reprocessing because:
16. Which of the following is true about Resource Development and Installation?
17. It is essential that the clinician clearly inform the client of the possibility for emotional disturbance during and after EMDR processing sessions.
18. When selecting an image during Assessment Phase, the clinician should ask:
19. Which of the following statements is true of the Negative Cognition (NC)?
What is the Validity of Cognition scale range (VoC)?
21. In the Assessment phase, when identifying the “Emotion” all the following are true except:
22. The letter “D” in “SUD scale” stands for:
23. When beginning the Desensitization Phase, clinician should ask the client to notice:
24. When starting each subsequent set of bilateral dual attention stimulation in the Desensitization Phase, after the first set it is advisable for the clinician to:
25. Shapiro states that during the Desensitization Phase the clinician should recheck the SUD level:
26. The cognitive interweave is a strategy that is used during reprocessing:
27. Three primary themes for interweaves are:
28. Which of the following would be an appropriate strategy for assisting a client in maintaining Dual Attention during an intense emotional response:
29. Shapiro (2018) suggests that when reprocessing effects cease for two consecutive sets clinicians should consider:
30. Shapiro (2018) states that, when reprocessing is not progressing, after changing the nature or type of bilateral stimulation, the clinician should next consider shifting attention to:
31. Feeder memories are earlier memories that may contribute to dysfunction and block reprocessing of it.
32. When processing the initial target is unsuccessful, the clinician should consider inquiring about negative beliefs that are blocking progress.
33. When beginning the Installation Phase, the first question to ask is:
34. When checking the VOC during Installation Phase, say:
35. Regarding the Body Scan Phase, Shapiro (2018) states that:
36. An adequate closure procedure should be established prior to a treatment session. Clinicians should help clients construct a safe and/or calm place in their imagination to use during closure.
37. In the Reevaluation Phase the clinician is paying attention to which of the following:
38. The following statements are true for the treatment of children, except:
39. Because of the potential of EMDR for rapid destabilization, there are many client factors to consider prior to beginning EMDR. Which of the following is not a factor?
40. Which of the following are true of working with military personnel and veterans:
41. Looking at addiction through the lens or the AIP, which of the following is not true:
42. When addressing current anxiety with EMDR therapy, the clinician asks the client to identify which of the following:
43. When targeting a process phobia, the clinician must address all the pertinent aspects of the experience, including decision-making and anticipatory anxiety.
44. Following the death of a loved one, a person may first experience emotional shock accompanied by numbing. In these cases, psychological first aid, rather than EMDR processing, is recommended at this stage.
45. Which of the following are appropriate statements regarding the use of EMDR therapy with couples?
46. Which of the following is true of EMD?
47. Which of the following is the first step in the Recent Event Protocol?
For many clients with complex PTSD, it is preferable to begin processing by first targeting recent, adult-onset traumatic experiences or the present disturbing situations or triggers.