Dallas (Allen), TX, 2022 In-Person – July 22-24 & August 12-14
$1,345.00 – $1,645.00
In-Person – Dallas (Allen), TX, 2022 – On-Site
This EMDR Therapist Training is In-Person in Allen, TX north of Dallas, TX.
This in-person EMDR Therapist Training is open to mental health professionals across the US and Canada. The times for the training will be in the Central Time Zone. If you want to attend just follow the regular registration process listed below. This is an EMDRIA approved training and here are the requirements for eligibility.
Become an EMDR Therapist
This is for the Complete EMDR Therapist Training, which consists of two 3-day sections and 10 hours of online group consultation. It is an EMDRIA approved program and upon completion you are a fully trained EMDR therapist. This is the pathway to becoming certified in EMDR.
This training is for counseling interns and licensed mental health professionals. Eligibility requirements for the training are listed here.
In addition to the two weekends, which are attended in person, each trainee must attend five 2-hour group consultations. These are done by video conferencing between and after the training weekends.
Upon completion, this training provides 40 continuing education hours for Texas Only LPC, MFT, and Social Workers. Partial credit is unable to be given. CE credits for states other than Texas are available to purchase from CE Classes.
About the Training
This training is designed to explain, demonstrate and apply the practical experience you will need to use EMDR effectively with your clients. Even after the first weekend, you will be encouraged to use it with appropriate clients and begin preparing the others who are not ready.
EMDR gets at the source of maladaptive behaviors by providing sub-cortical resolution to free up stuck or frozen intrusive thoughts, emotions, and body sensations. This training is focused on teaching you the basics of EMDR and the most effective way to incorporate it into your practice.
All trainees will be asked to participate in practicum exercises as part of the training. You will be encouraged to work on personal issues that are appropriate for the training environment.
There will be demonstrations with individual attendees throughout the 6 days, and you are encouraged to consider being a volunteer. In addition, all participants will be paired to practice the protocols and procedures that are explained in the class. This will be done in a safe, supportive environment in which confidentially will be maintained.
*Early registration cutoff date is two weeks prior to the first day of training. Registration begins at 8:00 am on the first day of training. The training site is in online.
*Each attendee must attend five 2-hour group consultations in addition to the training sessions. These consultations are done by video conference or by phone.
Required reading: Eye Movement Desensitization and Reprocessing: Basic Principles, Protocols, and Procedures, Third Edition, by Francine Shapiro, Ph.D., EMDR Originator. This book is not included in course materials and tuition.
Hilton Garden Inn Dallas/Allen
705 Central Expressway South
Allen, TX 75013
Weekend 1: July Booking Link
Weekend 2 : August Booking Link
This training is open to all qualified mental health professionals across the US and Canada. Go here to check for eligibility.
After you register, you will receive a confirmation email with instructions on what to do before the training begins.
Dates and Times:
July 22, 23, 24, 2022 (First Weekend)
- Friday – 9:00 am to 5:30 pm (CDT)
- Saturday – 9:00 am to 5:30 pm (CDT)
- Sunday – 9:00 am to 4:30 pm (CDT)
Group video/phone consultations: Group calls are set-up during the first weekend, and are considered an integral part of the training. There is some flexibility regarding the video/phone consultations, so that if these days and times don’t work exactly, then accommodations and adjustments can be made.
August 12, 13, 14, 2022 (Second Weekend)
- Friday – 9:00 am to 5:30 pm (CDT)
- Saturday – 9:00 am to 5:30 pm (CDT)
- Sunday – 9:00 am to 4:30 pm (CST)
Forty continuing education (CE) credits for Texas LPC, LCSW and MFT mental health professionals and are provided by CompassionWorks at no additional charge.
Continuing Education (CE) credits are also available through CE-Classes for those needing credits for licenses outside of Texas. These are available for an additional charge of $40.00 per weekend.
The course agenda is to teach the use of EMDR Therapy to licensed mental health professionals and qualified interns. This is a link to the Training Objectives
In this case, CE Classes is the provider of continuing education (CE) credits. The Skill Level is All levels, Beginner to Advanced. “There are no known conflicts of interests for this workshop”. These credits are for Psychologists and Counselors outside of Texas. A total of 40 CEs are available, 20 per weekend of training.
“Certificates are awarded online after completion of the workshop. Participants print their own certificate after registering at ce-classes.com, entering a keycode, and completing an evaluation form.”
“Licensed Professionals should contact their regulatory board to determine course approval”
All grievances must be in writing to Ariel Shafer, and will be replied to within 5 – 10 business days.)
ADA assistance – Please contact Ariel Shafer if special accommodation is required.
CE-Classes is approved by:
- The American Psychological Association (APA) CE-Classes.com is approved by the American Psychological Association to sponsor continuing education for psychologists. CE-Classes.com maintains responsibility for this program and its content.
- This course is NOT available for NBCC credit
- This training does not offer ASWB ACE credit to social workers.
- Florida Certification Board
- The Florida Board of Clinical Social Work, Marriage and Family Therapy and Mental Health Counseling Provider #852 BAP-Expires 3/31/2023
- The California Board of Behavioral Sciences. The California Board of Behavioral Sciences, BBS, recognizes relevant course work/training that has been approved by nationally recognized certifying bodies, such as APA, to satisfy renewal requirements.
- California Consortium of Addiction Programs and Professionals (CCAPP) Provider Number OS-12-147-0223 Expires 02-2023
- The Texas Board of Social Work Examiners – CE-Classes.com meets the requirements for acceptable continuing education
- The Texas Board of Professional Counselors – CE-Classes.com meets the requirements for acceptable continuing education
- Massachusetts Authorization Number: (TBD)
- Ohio Counselor, Social Worker and Marriage and Family Therapist Board – Provider # RCST031201
- New York Social Work Board – CE-Classes.com is recognized by the New York State Education
Department’s State Board for Social Work as an approved provider of
continuing education for licensed social workers #SW-0120.
- The Florida Board of Nursing (CE Provider #: 50-4896) Expires 10/31/2022 Do not send certificates to the Florida Board of Nursing. You must keep this certificate for 4 years.
- The California Board of Registered Nursing. CEP 15647 Expires 11/30/2022.
Training Cost: (Includes both 3-day weekends and the 10 hours of group consultation)
Early Bird Rates (through Friday, July 8, 2022):
- Fully Licensed Mental Health Professional $1495.00
- Associate/Intern/Student/Nonprofit/DoD: $1195.00
Regular Rates (after July 8, 2022):
- Fully Licensed Mental Health Professional: $1645.00
- Associate/Intern/Student/Nonprofit/DoD: $1345.00
- If cancellation is more than 14 days prior to the training start date, then the full refund of the amount paid minus the $75 admin fee is given.
- If cancellation is between 4-14 days before the training start date then no refund is given but we can apply the amount paid minus the $75 fee to another training.
- If cancellation is 3 days or less prior to the training start date, then no refund is given but we can apply the amount minus a $400 fee to another training.
Policy for Changing 2nd Weekend
- The charge for changing or missing (more than 3 hours of) the second weekend after registration and attending a different one is $375.00.
Policy for Missing Training Hours
- The charge for rescheduling to make up any missed portion of the training over 20 minutes is billed at $125 per missed hour with a minimum charge of one hour. This may not apply to computer or internet malfunction if it is quickly followed with a phone call and/or resolution.
- Any missed portion of the training over 20 minutes must be approved in advance and approval may not be possible depending on time and day of the training.
Policy for Making Up a Consultation Group
- The charge for making up a group after the second weekend has been completed is $50.00 per group hour or $100 per individual hour.
Time Frame for Completion of Program
- The online program is required to be completed within a 12-month period beginning at the time of attendance of the first day of the first weekend. (Completion involves attending Weekends 1 and 2 and the 10 hours of consultation.)
- In-Person and onsite trainings are required to be completed in a 2-year period beginning at the time of attendance of the first day of the first weekend. (Completion involves attending Weekends 1 and 2 and the 10 hours of consultation.)
Policy for Recording Trainings
- Online trainings may be recorded and used at CompassionWorks LLC’s discretion. Demonstrations may be recorded however, will only be used with signed consent of the demonstration participants. Breakout rooms and practicums are not recorded. We respect your privacy. If you are concerned with your image or voice being recorded and used in any manner please, feel free to reach out and let us know.
- On-site and in-person trainings may be recorded and used at CompassionWorks LLC’s discretion. Demonstrations may be recorded however, will only be used with signed consent of the demonstration participants. Dyad or Triad practicums will not be recorded. We respect your privacy. If you are concerned with your image or voice being recorded and used in any manner please, feel free to reach out and let us know.
- Attendees may not record any portion of the trainings for any reason.
In the event that circumstances cause the venue to close due to COVID-19 or a COVID-19 variant, this training will be transferred to an online format. The above refund policy will still be used in this event.
There are minimal requirements for switching to an online format: You will need to be able to have a quiet space for participation with your fully functioning computer connected to the internet. Your computer must have full audio and video capabilities. Using a Chrome or Firefox browser is preferred. If you need to attend by smartphone, while not ideal, is also possible. Go <here> for more information.
A payment plan option to pay in thirds is available – 1/3 down and 1/3 due each month after registration for two months. There is a 5% charge added to use this payment option. The payment plan is selected at the time of registration. The registration must be paid in full prior to receiving a certificate of completion.
Select your pricing level – “Intern/DOD/Non-profit” or “Fully Licensed Therapist”
Click “Add to cart”
From the Cart, press “Proceed to Checkout”
In the cart, fill in the prompts
Then pay with Credit Card or select other payment options, such as Payment Plan (+5%), Paypal, Invoice, or Echeck with the radial buttons below.
Begin Registration Below – Training is Full. Email Ariel to be added to the waitlist.
Students and Interns use the Associate/NonProfit/Dod price option.
By purchasing this in-person and onsite training, you acknowledge and accept all risks associated with COVID-19. You are responsible for your own health. CompassionWorks staff will follow any guidelines set forth by the venue and the State of Texas. CompassionWorks will not be held liable in the event you are exposed to or contract COVID-19 or a COVID-19 variant.