EMDR Therapy: Ethical Considerations Live Online Workshop, August 19, 2022
EMDR Therapy: Ethical Considerations – $149 – Live Online
Conducted virtually on CompassionWorks.com
A live, online, 3-hour EMDRIA approved course in ethics designed and presented by Jose Carbajal, PhD, LCSW featuring Jordan Shafer, MS., LPC that explains ethical standards for the EMDR therapeutic approach.
This is live online through Zoom.us. The link will be in the course EMDR Therapy: Ethical Considerations August 19, 2022, in the CompassionWorks.com account you create or log into at checkout.
August 19th, 2022 9:00am – 12:00pm (Central Time)
CE Credits: 3 hours
EMDRIA Credits: 3 hours
(EMDRIA credits count only for those who have completed their EMDRIA approved EMDR training before the start date of the workshop.)
This ethics workshop is designed for mental health practitioners at all levels of experience and practice settings. Potential ethical issues that might arise in each EMDR therapy phase will be identified. Professional and legal implications will be addressed for practicing EMDR therapy.
EMDR Therapy: Ethical Considerations is broken into 6 parts.
- Ethical Framework
- Professional and Ethical Responsibility
- History and Preparation phases
- Assessment Phase
- Three-Pronged Protocol and Eight Phases of EMDR Therapy
- Court Cases and Ethics
Learning Objectives and Content
Upon completion of this workshop, participants will be able to:
- Describe and distinguish how ethics apply to the eight phases of EMDR therapy.
- Recognize how to resolve professional and legal ethical issues in EMDR therapy.
- Summarize strategies presented during lecture and integrate content to EMDR therapy practice.
- If cancellation is more than 14 days prior to the workshop start date then full refund of amount paid minus a $35 dollar administrative fee is given.
- If cancellation is between 4-14 days before the workshop start date then no refund is given but we can apply the amount paid minus a $35 fee to another training or workshop.
- If cancellation is 3 days or less prior to the workshop start date then no refund is given but we can apply the amount minus half to another training or workshop.
Three (3) continuing education (CE) credits for Texas LPC, LCSW and MFT mental health professionals and are provided by CompassionWorks at no additional charge.
Continuing Education (CE) credits are also included through CE-Classes for those needing credits for licenses outside of Texas. These are also, included in the registration price.
In this case, CE Classes is the provider of continuing education (CE) credits. The Skill Level is Beginner. “There are no known conflicts of interests for this workshop.” These credits are for Psychologists and Counselors outside of Texas. A total of 3 CEs are available.
“Certificates are awarded online after completion of the workshop. Participants print their own certificate after registering at ce-classes.com, entering a keycode, and completing an evaluation form.”
“Licensed Professionals should contact their regulatory board to determine course approval”
All grievances must be in writing to Ariel Shafer, and will be replied to within 5 – 10 business days.
ADA assistance – Please contact Ariel Shafer if special accommodation is required.
CE-Classes is approved by:
- The American Psychological Association (APA) CE-Classes.com is approved by the American Psychological Association to sponsor continuing education for psychologists. CE-Classes.com maintains responsibility for this program and its content.
- This course is NOT available for NBCC credit
- This training does not offer ASWB ACE credit to social workers.
- Florida Certification Board
- The Florida Board of Clinical Social Work, Marriage and Family Therapy and Mental Health Counseling Provider #852 BAP-Expires 3/31/2023
- The California Board of Behavioral Sciences. The California Board of Behavioral Sciences, BBS, recognizes relevant course work/training that has been approved by nationally recognized certifying bodies, such as APA, to satisfy renewal requirements.
- California Consortium of Addiction Programs and Professionals (CCAPP) Provider Number OS-12-147-0223 Expires 02-2023
- The Texas Board of Social Work Examiners – CE-Classes.com meets the requirements for acceptable continuing education
- The Texas Board of Professional Counselors – CE-Classes.com meets the requirements for acceptable continuing education
- Massachusetts Authorization Number: (TBD)
- Ohio Counselor, Social Worker and Marriage and Family Therapist Board – Provider # RCST031201
- New York Social Work Board – CE-Classes.com is recognized by the New York State Education
Department’s State Board for Social Work as an approved provider of
continuing education for licensed social workers #SW-0120.
- The Florida Board of Nursing (CE Provider #: 50-4896) Expires 10/31/2022 Do not send certificates to the Florida Board of Nursing. You must keep this certificate for 4 years.
- The California Board of Registered Nursing. CEP 15647 Expires 11/30/2022.
Switch to On-Demand, Self-Paced EMDR Therapy: Ethical Considerations Workshop
Begin Registration Below