Equines Enhancing Therapists Workshop – Saturday, October 24, 2020
Saturday, October 24th, 2020
Equines Enhancing Therapists Workshop
The Subtle Art of Therapeutic Attunement
Attunement is the “skill of connection”. Dr. Dan Siegel says, “When we attune with others we allow our own internal state to shift, to come to resonate with the inner world of another.” Therapeutic attunement is imperative for creating a foundation of trust and safety causing reparative neural growth in clients and positive treatment outcomes. Horses are sensitively wired for safety & connection so they are excellent teachers for us.
Attunement to ourselves, and our clients, builds resonance, empathy and compassion in the therapeutic process. Clients report “feeling felt.” This is especially important in helping clients with complex trauma, attachment trauma, and highly sensitive clients. You’ll experience individual and group experiential work with trained horses in this unique workshop while also, learning:
- To develop more sensitivity to signals from clients by attuning into the subtle somatic behaviors and emotional cues.
- Polyvagal theory & how to co-regulate with clients
- Master the pacing of EMDR & other trauma processing to avoid overwhelm vs stagnation.
- Self care & mindfulness techniques to maintain your own energetic boundaries, prevent compassion fatigue, as well as resources for your clients.
- 6 CEU Credits for Texas LPC’s
When: Saturday 10/24/20
Registration starts at 8:30
Workshop is 9am-3pm w/1 hour lunch (Snacks & Lunch included)
Where: Solace Equine Center
5186 FM546 Princeton, TX 75407
This beautiful equine center is home to 6 therapy horses, llamas, and ponies. We will use a covered outdoor arena & seating area. Social distancing will be in effect for this workshop. Limited to 8 persons each day.
Register by October 16th, 2020 for Early Bird Pricing of $375. After October 16th, 2020 the price is $395.
Presenters: Mark LoPalo, Owner & Equine Facilitator & Tricia Gagnon LPC-S, EMDR Certified
|Tricia Gagnon MS. Ed.S, RYT, LPC-S is|
licensed in counseling and intern supervision with twenty years experience in residential and outpatient settings. Tricia teaches clients how to benefit from mindfulness and yoga in order to expand their window of tolerance for EMDR processing. She is EMDR Certified, an Approved Consultant, and EMDR Trainer-in-training with CompassionWorks.
|Mark LoPalo is a 200RYT Yoga & Meditation teacher. Using yoga to relax the body and tame the mind, Mark helps clients in classes, workshops, and retreats to reach deeper states of mindful awareness. Mark works with private and corporate clients in equine assisted coaching and is also certified in NLP, Hypnosis & Reiki. All these different modalities allow Mark to guide people to find their own rhythm, and to experience their lives without limitations.|
|Tricia Gagnon, MS. Ed.D, RYT, LPC-S||Mark LoPalo, RYT|
- If cancellation is more than 14 days prior to the workshop start date then full refund of amount paid minus the $75 admin fee.
- If cancellation is between 4-14 days before the workshop start date then no refund is given but we can apply the amount paid minus $75 fee to another training or workshop.
- If cancellation is 3 days or less prior to the workshop start date then no refund is given but we can apply the amount minus half to another training or workshop.