The Exchange Club Carl Perkins Center Private EMDR Training – May 6-8 & June 17-19, 2021
In-Person – The Exchange Club Carl Perkins Center – In-Person
This Training is an In-Person On-Site Training
This training is in-person and on-site in for both weekends.
If you received this link from Taylor Laird you may follow the regular registration process listed below.
This is an EMDRIA approved training and here are the requirements for eligibility.
CE-Classes is also available to providers outside of the state of Texas to provide the 40 hours of credit at an additional fee. CE Classes Information
Become an EMDR Therapist
This is for the Complete EMDR Therapist Training, which consists of two 3-day weekends and 10 hours of online group consultation. It is an EMDRIA approved program and upon completion you are a fully trained EMDR therapist. This is the pathway to becoming certified in EMDR.
This training is for counseling interns and licensed mental health professionals. Eligibility requirements for the training are listed here.
In addition to the two weekends, which are attended in person, each trainee must attend five 2-hour group consultations. These are done by video conferencing between and after the training weekends.
Upon completion, this training provides 40 continuing education hours for Texas LPC, MFT, and Social Workers. Partial credit is unable to be given.
About the Training
This training is designed to explain, demonstrate and apply the practical experience you will need to use EMDR effectively with your clients. Even after the first weekend, you will be encouraged to use it with appropriate clients and begin preparing the others who aren’t ready.
EMDR gets at the source of maladaptive behaviors by providing sub-cortical resolution to free up stuck or frozen intrusive thoughts, emotions, and body sensations. This training is focused on teaching you the basics of EMDR and the most effective way to incorporate it into your practice.
All trainees will be asked to participate in practicum exercises as part of the training. You will be encouraged to work on personal issues that are appropriate for the training environment.
There will be demonstrations with individual attendees throughout the 6 days, and you are encouraged to consider being a volunteer. In addition, all participants will be paired to practice the protocols and procedures that are explained in the class. This will be done in a safe, supportive environment in which confidentially will be maintained.
*Registration begins at 8:30 am on the first day of training.
*Each attendee must attend five 2-hour group consultations in addition to the training sessions. These consultations are done by video conference or by phone.
Required reading: Eye Movement Desensitization and Reprocessing: Basic Principles, Protocols, and Procedures, Third Edition, by Francine Shapiro, Ph.D., EMDR originator. This book is not included in course materials and tuition.
|Jordan Shafer, MS, LPC is a Licensed |
Professional Counselor doing EMDR based
trauma therapy for over 15 years in Plano, TX.
He works with adults and older teens with histories of complex trauma and PTSD. He was in the last class of therapists trained by Francine Shapiro, in 2005. He is EMDR Certified, an Approved Consultant in EMDR and an EMDRIA Approved EMDR Trainer.
|Dr. Jose Carbajal attended Baylor University, where he received a master's degree in social work. He completed his PhD in Social Work at the University of Texas at Arlington, and is currently a Professor of Social Work at a major Texas University. Dr. Carbajal is EMDR Certified, an Approved Consultant, and an EMDRIA Approved Trainer in EMDR.|
|Jordan Shafer, MS, LPC||Jose Carbajal, PhD, LCSW|
The Exchange Club Carl Perkins Center for the Prevention of Child Abuse Gibson County
306 N 22nd Ave.
Humboldt, TN 38343
Local Contact: Taylor Laird
The training is done with the schedule as listed below.
After you register, you will receive a confirmation email with instructions on what to do to get ready for the training.
Dates and Times:
May 6, 7, 8, 2021 (Weekend 1)
- Thursday – 9:00 am to 5:30 pm
- Friday – 9:000 am to 5:30 pm
- Saturday – 9:00 am to 3:30 pm with a working lunch
Group video/phone consultations: Group calls are set-up during the first weekend, and are considered an integral part of the training. There is some flexibility regarding the video/phone consultations, so that if these days and times don’t work exactly, then accommodations and adjustments can be made.
June 17, 18, 19, 2021 (Weekend 2)
- Thursday – 9:00 am to 5:30 pm
- Friday – 9:00 am to 5:30 pm
- Saturday – 9:00 am to 3:30 pm with a working lunch
Forty continuing education (CE) credits for Texas LPC, LCSW and MFT mental health professionals and are provided by CompassionWorks at no additional charge.
Continuing Education (CE) credits are also available through CE-Classes for those needing credits for licenses outside of Texas. These are available for an additional charge of $40.00 per weekend.
The course agenda is to teach the use of EMDR Therapy to licensed mental health professionals and qualified interns. This is a link to the Training Objectives
In this case, CE Classes is the provider of continuing education (CE) credits. The Skill Level is All levels, Beginner to Advanced. “There are no known conflicts of interests for this workshop”. These credits are for Psychologists and Counselors outside of Texas. A total of 40 CEs are available, 20 per weekend of training.
“Certificates are awarded online after completion of the workshop. Participants print their own certificate after registering at ce-classes.com, entering a keycode, and completing an evaluation form.”
“Licensed Professionals should contact their regulatory board to determine course approval”
All grievances must be in writing to Ariel Shafer, and will be replied to within 5 – 10 business days.)
ADA assistance – Please contact Ariel Shafer if special accommodation is required.
CE-Classes is approved by:
- The American Psychological Association (APA) CE-Classes.com is approved by the American Psychological Association to sponsor continuing education for psychologists. CE-Classes.com maintains responsibility for this program and its content.
- This course is NOT available for NBCC credit
- This training does not offer ASWB ACE credit to social workers.
- Florida Certification Board
- The Florida Board of Nursing (CE Provider #: 50-4896) Expires 10/31/2022 Do not send certificates to the Florida Board of Nursing. You must keep this certificate for 4 years.
- The Florida Board of Clinical Social Work, Marriage and Family Therapy and Mental Health Counseling Provider #852 BAP-Expires 3/31/2023
- The California Board of Behavioral Sciences. The California Board of Behavioral Sciences, BBS, recognizes relevant course work/training that has been approved by nationally recognized certifying bodies, such as APA, to satisfy renewal requirements.
- California Consortium of Addiction Programs and Professionals (CCAPP) Provider Number OS-12-147-0223 Expires 02-2023
- The Texas Board of Social Work Examiners, Continuing Education Provider – 5674 expires 4/30/2021
- The Texas Board of Professional Counselors, Continuing Education Provider
- Massachusetts Authorization Number: (TBD)
- Ohio Counselor, Social Worker and Marriage and Family Therapist Board – Provider # RCST031201 Expires 5/31/2021
- New York Social Work Board – CE-Classes.com is recognized by the New York State Education Department’s State Board for Social Work as an approved provider of continuing education for licensed social workers #SW-0120.
- The California Board of Registered Nursing. CEP 15647 Expires 11/30/2022.
- The cost of this training has been paid for by The Exchange Club Carl Perkins Center for the Prevention of Child Abuse. 40 CE credits may be purchased separately below.
- Cancellations for this training will be between you and The Exchange Club Carl Perkins Center for the Prevention of Child Abuse.
Policy for Changing 2nd Weekend
- The charge for changing or missing (more than 3 hours of) the second weekend after registration and attending a different one online will be half the NonProfit price as charged for regular online trainings billed at $597.50. If you prearranged a different first or second weekend through Taylor Laird and it was approved by CompassionWorks, the $597.50 will not apply to you.
Policy for Missing Training Hours
- The charge for rescheduling to make up any missed portion of the training over 20 minutes is billed at $125 per missed hour with a minimum charge of one hour. This may not apply to computer or internet malfunction if it is quickly followed with a phone call and/or resolution.
- Any missed portion of the training over 20 minutes must be approved in advance and approval may not be possible depending on time and day of the training.
Policy for Making Up a Consultation Group
- The charge for making up a group after the second weekend has been completed is $50.00 per group hour or $100 per individual hour.