“The Fort Worth” EMDR Therapist Training – July 30-August 1, & Aug 27-29, 2020 (Online Course)
$1,345.00 – $1,645.00
Live Online – “The Fort Worth Training” – Nationwide
This Training is Online Only
(If you have already registered for this training and prefer to attend a training in-person you are welcome to shift your registration to either of the two in-person trainings we are offering this Fall in either Allen or The Woodlands – which is currently being scheduled.)
This training is open to mental health professionals across the US and Canada. The times for the training will be in the Central Time Zone. If you want to attend just follow the regular registration process listed below. This is an EMDRIA approved training and here are the requirements for eligibility.
There are minimal requirements for the online training: You will need to be able to have a quiet space for participation with your fully functioning computer connected to the internet. Your computer must have full audio and video capabilities. Using a Chrome or Firefox browser is preferred. If you need to attend by smartphone, while not ideal, is also possible. Go <here> for more information.
CE-Classes is also available to providers outside of the state of Texas to provide the 40 hours of credit at an additional fee. CE Classes Information
Become an EMDR Therapist
This is for the Complete EMDR Therapist Training, which consists of two 3-day weekends and 10 hours of online group consultation. It is an EMDRIA approved program and upon completion you are a fully trained EMDR therapist. This is the pathway to becoming certified in EMDR.
This training is for counseling interns and licensed mental health professionals. Eligibility requirements for the training are listed here.
In addition to the two weekends, which are attended in person, each trainee must attend five 2-hour group consultations. These are done by video conferencing between and after the training weekends.
Upon completion, this training provides 40 continuing education hours for Texas LPC, MFT, and LMSW. Partial credit is unable to be given.
About the Training
This training is designed to explain, demonstrate and apply the practical experience you will need to use EMDR effectively with your clients. Even after the first weekend, you will be encouraged to use it with appropriate clients and begin preparing the others who aren’t ready.
EMDR gets at the source of maladaptive behaviors by providing sub-cortical resolution to free up stuck or frozen intrusive thoughts, emotions, and body sensations. This training is focused on teaching you the basics of EMDR and the most effective way to incorporate it into your practice.
All trainees will be asked to participate in practicum exercises as part of the training. You will be encouraged to work on personal issues that are appropriate for the training environment.
There will be demonstrations with individual attendees throughout the 6 days, and you are encouraged to consider being a volunteer. In addition, all participants will be paired to practice the protocols and procedures that are explained in the class. This will be done in a safe, supportive environment in which confidentially will be maintained.
*Early registration cutoff date is two weeks prior to the first day of training. Registration begins at 8:00 am on the first day of training. The training site is in online.
*Each attendee must attend five 2-hour group consultations in addition to the training sessions. These consultations are done by video conference or by phone.
Required reading: Eye Movement Desensitization and Reprocessing: Basic principles, protocols, and procedures, third edition, by Francine Shapiro, PhD., EMDR originator, and is not included in course materials and tuition.
|Dr. Jose Carbajal attended Baylor University,|
where he received a master's degree in social work. He completed his PhD in Social Work at the University of Texas at Arlington, and is currently a Professor of Social Work at a major Texas University. Dr. Carbajal is EMDR Certified, an Approved Consultant, and an EMDRIA Approved Trainer in EMDR.
|Tricia Gagnon MS. Ed.S, RYT, LPC-S is licensed in counseling and intern supervision with twenty years experience in residential and outpatient settings. Tricia teaches clients how to benefit from mindfulness and yoga in order to expand their window of tolerance for EMDR processing. She is EMDR Certified, an Approved Consultant, and EMDR Trainer-in-training with CompassionWorks.|
|Jose Carbajal, PhD, LCSW||Tricia Gagnon, MS. Ed.D, RYT, LPC-S|
The training is done online with the schedule as listed below. You will need to be able to have a quiet space for participation with your fully functioning computer connected to the internet. Your computer must have full audio and video capabilities. Using a Chrome or Firefox browser is preferred. If you need to attend by smartphone, while not ideal, is also possible. Go <here> for more information.
Even though it is the “Ft Worth Training” it is open to all qualified mental health professionals across the US and Canada. Go here for eligibility.
Days and Times:
July 30, 31, and August 1, 2020 (Weekend 1)
- Thursday 8:30 am – 5:00 pm (CST)
- Friday 8:30 am – 5:00 pm (CST)
- Saturday 8:30 am – 4:00 pm (CST)
*Group video/phone consultations: Group calls are set-up during the first weekend and are considered an integral part of the training. There is some flexibility regarding the video/phone consultations, so that if these days and times don’t work exactly, then accommodations and adjustments can be made.
August 27, 28, & 29 (Weekend 2)
- Thursday 8:30 am – 5:00 pm (CST)
- Friday 8:30 am – 5:00 pm (CST)
- Saturday 8:30 am – 4:00 pm (CST)
Forty continuing education (CE) credits for Texas LPC, LCSW and MFT mental health professionals and are provided by CompassionWorks at no additional charge.
Continuing Education (CE) credits are also available through CE-Classes for those needing credits for licenses outside of Texas. These are available for an additional charge of $40.00 per weekend.
In this case, CE Classes is the provider of continuing education (CE) credits. The Skill Level is All levels, Beginner to Advanced. “There are no known conflicts of interests for this workshop”. These credits are for Psychologists and Counselors outside of Texas. A total of 40 CEs are available, 20 per weekend of training.
“Certificates are awarded online after completion of the workshop. Participants print their own certificate after registering at ce-classes.com, entering a keycode, and completing an evaluation form.”
“Licensed Professionals should contact their regulatory board to determine course approval”
All grievances must be in writing to Jordan Shafer, and will be replied to within 5 – 10 business days.)
ADA assistance – Please contact Jordan Shafer if special accommodation is required.
CE-Classes is approved by:
- The American Psychological Association (APA) CE-Classes.com is approved by the American Psychological Association to sponsor continuing education for psychologists. CE-Classes.com maintains responsibility for this program and its content.
- This course is NOT available for NBCC credit
- This training does not offer ASWB ACE credit to social workers.
- Florida Certification Board
- The Florida Board of Clinical Social Work, Marriage and Family Therapy and Mental Health Counseling Provider #852 BAP-Expires 3/31/2021
- The California Board of Behavioral Sciences. The California Board of Behavioral Sciences, BBS, recognizes relevant course work/training that has been approved by nationally recognized certifying bodies, such as APA, to satisfy renewal requirements.
- California Consortium of Addiction Programs and Professionals (CCAPP) Provider Number OS-12-147-0221 Expires 02-2021
- The Texas Board of Social Work Examiners, Continuing Education Provider – 5674 expires 4/30/2021
- The Texas Board of Professional Counselors, Continuing Education Provider
- Massachusetts Authorization Number: (TBD)
- Ohio Counselor, Social Worker and Marriage and Family Therapist Board – Provider # RCST031201 Expires 5/31/2021
- New York Social Work Board – CE-Classes.com is recognized by the New York State Education Department’s State Board for Social Work as an approved provider of continuing education for licensed social workers #SW-0120.
- The California Board of Registered Nursing. CEP 15647 Expires 11/30/2020.
EMDR Training Price, Payment Options, and Cancellation Policy
Registration is for “The Fort Worth Training” – July 30, 31, Aug 1 and Aug 27, 28, 29, 2020.This training is Thursday, Friday and Saturday for both weekends.
Early Bird: (thru Thursday, July 16, 2020)
- Fully Licensed Mental Health Professional $1495.00
- Intern/Nonprofit/DoD: $1195.00
Regular Rate (after Thursday, July 16, 2020)
- Fully Licensed Mental Health Professional: $1645.00
- Intern/Nonprofit/DoD: $1345.00
- If cancellation is more than 14 days prior to the training start date then full refund of the amount paid minus the $75 admin fee is given.
- If cancellation is between 4-14 days before the training start date then no refund is given but we can apply the amount paid minus $75 fee to another training.
- If cancellation is 3 days or less prior to the training start date then no refund is given but we can apply the amount minus $400 fee to another training.
A payment plan option to pay in thirds is available, 1/3 down and 1/3 due each month after registration for two months until complete. There is a 5% charge added to this payment option. The trainee must be paid in full before the certificate of completion is awarded. The payment plan is used with credit cards only and is selected at the bottom of the shopping cart prior to submitting the payment and registration.
Select your pricing level – “Intern/DOD/Non-profit” or “Fully Licensed Therapist”
Click “Add to cart”
From the Cart, press “Proceed to Checkout”
In the cart, fill in the prompts
Then pay with Credit Card or select other payment options, such as Payment Plan, Paypal, Invoice, or Echeck with the radial buttons below.
This training is full. Please, email Ariel if you would like to be on a waiting list.