Utilization of EMDR with Complex trauma: The fine points of processing.
This is an EMDR Advanced Training that will be held on Thursday, Aug 3, 2017 at Lifeology Institute, Dallas, TX. Go to Time & Location Information.
This workshop will illustrate the fine points of EMDR stabilization and processing with clients suffering for complex trauma. Videos of actual client sessions, and demonstrations will provide concrete examples of how to complete the workshop objectives below.
Attendees must have completed a full EMDRIA approved EMDR Therapist training (formerly known as “Level1 and Level2”). Reviewing of Francine Shapiro’s text, Eye Movement Desensitization and Reprocessing: Basic Principles, Protocol and Procedures is strongly suggested.
When you register, you will be invited to join a closed facebook group to ask Roger questions about the workshop and working with chronically traumatized clients. The group will be open for two months after the workshop so you can ask follow-up questions.
Early Bird $180 – until July 21, 2017, After July 20, 2017 – $200.00
7 EMDRIA Credits (In Application), and 7 Credits are included. (See CE Information Below)
Go To Registration (Temporarily Inactive)
Dr. Roger Solomon is a psychologist specializing in the areas of trauma and grief. Dr. Solomon has co-authored and co-presented with Onno van der Hart, Ph.D. and Ellert R. S. Nijenhuis Ph.D. on the utilization of EMDR therapy with complex trauma. He has been Senior Faculty with the EMDR Institute since 1993 and was trained by Francine Shapiro, Ph.D. the founder of EMDR. He teaches the EMDR basic training nationally and internationally; and he has developed and presents advanced workshops on EMDR and grief, complex and acute trauma, psychological first aid, and working with first responders. Recently he taught workshops on utilization of EMDR with complex trauma and grief in Israel. He regularly consults with the US Senate, providing direct services through the Senate Employee Assistance Program. He has authored or co-authored 41 articles and book chapters pertaining to EMDR, trauma, grief, acute trauma and law enforcement stress.
This workshop will illustrate the fine points of EMDR stabilization and processing with clients suffering for complex trauma. Videos of actual client sessions, and demonstrations will provide concrete examples of how to complete the following objectives.
- Understand the clinical presentation of complex trauma during EMDR
- Provide interventions to stabilize the personality system and resource Emotional Parts (conceptualized as memory networks with an independent sense of “self”)
- Recognize when the clients getting outside the window of tolerance and provide interventions that bring the client back within the window of tolerance
- Fine tune EMDR bi-lateral stimulation to the needs of the client to maximize processing
Date and Times:
Thursday, Aug 03, 2017
9:30-11:00 Synapsis of The Theory of Structural Dissociation of the Personality and how EMDR Adaptive Information Processing Model integrate together.
Video Tape showing clinical phenomena of complex trauma and “what can go wrong”
11:00 – 11:15 Break
11:15-12:30: Videos of using EMDR to provide stabilization and resourcing of Emotional Parts
12:30- 1:30 Lunch
1:30 – 3:00 Videos/demonstration showing EMDR processing of memories
3:00 – 3:15 Break
3:15 – 4:30 Videos, continued
4:30 – 5:30: Summary and discussion of important principles of utilization of EMDR with complex trauma
3033 Lee Parkway, #102
Dallas, TX 75219
Phone: (214) 438-4350
Early Bird $180 – until July 21 , After July 21, 2017 – $200
Go to Registration (Temporarily Inactive)
Continuing Education Information:
Seven (7) Hours of Continuing Education is offered as indicated below. Seven (7) hours of EMDRIA credit is also offered (In Application).
Ce-Classes.com is the provider of (CEs).
- Ce-Classes.com is approved by the American Psychological Association to sponsor continuing education for psychologists. Ce-Classes.com maintains responsibility for this program and its content.
- Association of Social Work Boards (ASWB) www.aswb.org Approved Continuing Education Program (ACE). (Provider # 1142) Ce-Classes.com maintains responsibility for the program. Social Workers should contact their regulatory board to determine course approval.
- The National Association of Addiction Professionals (NAADAC) Provider #656
- The Florida Board of Clinical Social Work, Marriage and Family Therapy and Mental Health
- Counseling Provider #852 BAP-Expires 3/31/2017
- California BBS: Ce-Classes.com is approved to provide continuing education by the following professional organizations: ASWB and APA. The California Board of Behavioral Sciences, BBS, recognizes relevant course work/training that has been approved by these nationally recognized certifying bodies to satisfy renewal requirements.
- The California Association of Alcoholism and Drug Abuse Counselors (CAADAC) Provider Number OS-12-174-1116 Expires 11-2018
- The Texas Board of Social Work Examiners, Continuing Education Provider – 5674 expires 4/30/2018.
- The Texas Board of Professional Counselors, Continuing Education Provider – 1622 expires 2/28/2018.
- Massachusetts Authorization Number: (TBD)
- Ohio Counselor, Social Worker and Marriage and Family Therapist Board – Provider # RCST031201 Expires 5/31/2017
- The Florida Board of Nursing (CE Provider #: 50-4896) Expires 10/31/2018. Do not send certificates to the Florida Board to the Florida Board of Nursing you must keep this certificate for 4 years.
- The California Board of Registered Nursing. CEP 15647 Expires 11/30/2018
- New York Social Work Board NYSED Provider #120
(7 EMDRIA Credits (In Application), and 7 CE Credits are included.)
Certificates are awarded online after completion of the workshop. Participants print their own certificate after registering at ce-classes.com, entering a keycode, and completing an evaluation form.
“Licensed Professionals should contact their regulatory board to determine course approval.”
Cancellation/Refund: Your tuition is refundable less a processing fee of $50.00 up to 10 days prior to the workshop date. After 10 days prior, no credit is given.
Grievances: All grievances must be in writing to Jordan Shafer, and will be replied to within 5 – 10 business days.)
ADA: This workshop is held in facilities which are in compliance with the Americans Disabilities Act. Please contact Jordan Shafer if special accommodation is required.)