EMDRIA Approved EMDR Therapist Trainings
CompassionWorks offers EMDRIA Approved EMDR Therapist Training. This is for therapists who want to learn EMDR to incorporate it into their practice of psychotherapy. CompassionWorks has partnered with Advanced Education Institute, to present this program which was developed by DaLene Forester, PhD, LMFT.
This is a link to the eligibility requirements needed to attend the training. Basically, it is for Mental Health Professionals, including psychiatrists, psychiatric nurses, professional counselors, and graduate students in the field of mental health and who are completing their internships.
Below is the list of trainings with their respective dates and times.
(Trainings that have completed)
“Custom” trainings are also available.
- If you are an agency or group practice, and you provide counseling services for people with symptoms from attachment disorder or trauma then we can setup a custom training for your group. Contact Jordan.
Fees: Includes both weekends 1 & 2, (40 hours of training) and 10 hours of group consultation, which is done by video online and/or phone conference.
Regular Registration – Paid within the 14 days prior to the first weekend of the training.
- $1545.00 Fully Licensed Registration
- $1245.00 Intern/Nonprofit/DoD
Early Registration – Before the 14 days prior to the first weekend of the training.
- $1395.00 Early Fully Licensed Registration
- $1095.00 Intern/grad student, full-time nonprofit employee
The following payment options are available:
- You can pay in full at the time of registration.
- You can pay 1/3 down and 1/3 monthly for the two months post registration.
- You can mail a check.
- You can contact us directly if other options are needed.
Policy for Changing 2nd Weekend
- The charge for missing the 2nd weekend and attending a different 2nd weekend other than the one registered for is $135.00.
Policy for Making Up a Group
- The charge for making up a group after the second weekend has been completed is $50.00 per group hour or $100 per individual hour.
- Cancellation 15 days or more prior to training for which you signed, full refund less $75.00 admin fee.
- Cancellation within 14 to 4 days prior to training for which you signed up, 50% refund amount paid. That balance, less a $75 administrative fee, may be applied to a later training.
- Cancellation 3 days prior to training for which you signed up, no refund. 50% of payment may be applied to later training.
Eligibility requirements to attend the training.
EMDR International Association Approved Consultant and Trainer This is the complete EMDR Therapist Training approved by the EMDR International Association (EMDRIA), formerly known as Level I and Level II, including an additional 10 hours of consultation. Participants will learn the EMDR psychotherapy approach, the basic eight-phase EMDR protocol, the Adaptive Information Processing Model, and how to incorporate EMDR into your practice. This course will consist of didactic presentations, demonstrations, supervised practicum, and case consultations. Group size is intended to be small, and is limited to less than 20 participants.
Participants must attend the full training and five 2-hour consultation groups to receive a certificate of completion in EMDR Basic Training. Approval of partial programs cannot be granted.
Continuing Education Information
The EMDR Therapist Training offers 40 hours of continuing education upon completion program, including 40 hours of instruction and 10 hours of consultation.
CompassionWorks offers: Texas LPC, Texas MFT and Texas LMSW credits.
Required reading: Eye Movement Desensitization and Reprocessing: Basic principles, protocols, and procedures, second edition, by Francine Shapiro, PhD, EMDR originator, and is not included in course materials and tuition.
Recommended Reading Schedule:
- Day 1 Chapters 1 & 2 (p. 1 – 56)
- Day 2 Chapter 3 (p. 57 – 90)
- Between Day 3 & 4 Chapters 4-8 (p. 91 – 220)
- Day 4 Chapter 9 (p. 221 – 248)
- Day 5 Chapter 10 (p. 249 – 276)
- Day 6 Chapter 11 & 12 (p. 277 – 385)
This EMDR Therapist Training program meets the strict curriculum guidelines and hourly requirements set by EMDRIA, the EMDR International Association. Therefore, this training consists of an instructional component of twenty (20) hours, a supervised practicum component of twenty (20) hours, and a consultation component of ten (10) hours. In total, this consists of 50 hours; broken into Friday, Saturday, and Sunday (20 hrs) on one week, 10 hrs (five 2 hour sessions) of group consultation in-between, followed by Friday, Saturday, Sunday (20 hrs). Most weekend schedules will be as follows:
- Friday 8:30 am – 4:30 pm
- Saturday 8:30 am – 4:30 pm
- Sunday 8:30 am – 3:30 pm
The 2 hour Consultation schedule is listed with the workshops.