One teaching we draw from nondual wisdom is that it is possible for any one of us to tune into the wisdom of the ‘natural-self.’ When that happens, we are less likely to interpret what we are experiencing as something we either ‘like’ or ‘don’t like,’ and shift to seeing and appreciating all of our experiences as ‘teachers’ – experiences that are teaching us valuable life lessons.
EMDR Therapist and Distance Counseling
Jordan Shafer, MS, LPC, EMDR Therapist, Distance Therapy
Using EMDR to help people develop a sense of secure attachment to self and others…
Some of the nondual teachings people find helpful are:
- Realizing you are not your ‘thoughts’ and ‘feelings.’
- Becoming ‘The Watcher’ of thoughts and feelings.
- Investigating ‘acceptance’ and what that really means in ‘your’ life, on a day-to-day, moment-to-moment basis.
- Strongly considering the possibility that ‘nothing is personal.’
- Learning how to ‘respond’ instead of ‘react.’