COMPASSIONWORKS LLC STRIVES TO BE FAIR AND ETHICAL IN ALL OF OUR POLICIES TO PROTECT OUR ATTENDEES AND STAFF AT ALL TIMES. THEREFORE, PLEASE REVIEW OUR POLICIES SO WE CAN BEST SERVE YOU AND LET US KNOW IF YOU HAVE ANY QUESTIONS.
Cancellations and Refunds
For EMDR Therapist Trainings:
- If cancellation is more than 14 days prior to the training start date, then the full refund of the amount paid minus a $75 fee will be given.
- If cancellation is between 4-14 days before the training start date, then no refund is given but, we can apply the amount paid minus a $75 transfer fee to another training.
- If cancellation is 3 days or less prior to the training start date, then no refund is given but we can apply the amount minus a $400 transfer fee to another training.
- Transferring to another training nullifies any refund.
- In the event of cancellation, the 5% payment plan fee is nonrefundable.
- On the start date of the training, no refunds will be given.
- After the training has been started by the purchaser, any changes to the 2nd weekend of the training will incur a $375 fee.
Ghost Ranch: Your tuition, ride share, and meals are refundable less a fee of $75.00 up to 14 days prior to the workshop date. 13 days prior or less, no is refund is given. Room rates are refundable less a 25% fee, 30 days prior to start date. 29 days or less no refund is given.
On-Demand/Asynchronous Workshops: Refunds minus a $35 fee will only be available for up to 3 days after purchase unless otherwise specified. Workshop access will only be guaranteed for 90 days after the purchase date.
Live Online/Synchronous Workshops:
- If cancellation is more than 4 days prior to the workshop start date then full refund of amount paid minus a $35 fee is given unless otherwise specified.
- If cancellation is 3 days or less prior to the workshop start date then no refund is given.
- If cancellation is more than 4 days prior to the workshop start date then full refund of amount paid minus a $35 dollar administrative fee is given unless otherwise specified.
- If cancellation is 3 days or less prior to the workshop start date then no refund is given.
POLICY FOR INVOICE PAYMENTS
- When using invoice payments, payment is expected. Invoice payments are not place holders.
- Invoice payments are intended for attendees to register, while payment is to be made by an entity other than the attendee.
- Unpaid invoices may result in the removal of your registration at any time without notice.
- When using invoice payments, if you think there may be a delay in payment (more than 2 days) it is best to contact the owner and administrator, to let them know.
POLICY FOR COVID-19 AND COMMUNICABLE DISEASES FOR ANY IN-PERSON TRAININGS, WORKSHOPS, OR RETREATS
By purchasing an in-person and onsite training, workshop, or retreat, you acknowledge all risks associated with COVID-19. You are responsible for your own health. CompassionWorks staff will follow any guidelines set forth by the venue and the State of Texas or state of the location of the training, workshop, or retreat. CompassionWorks will not be held liable in the event you are exposed to or contract COVID-19 or a COVID-19 variant or any other communicable disease.
POLICY FOR WEATHER EVENTS, ACTS OF GOD, OR CIVIL UNREST
In-person trainings and workshops affected by weather events, acts of God, or civil unrest will move to an online format with the above refund/cancellation policies honored.
Retreats affected may be refunded up to but, not exceeding 50% of the tuition paid if the event occurs less than 10 days prior to the start of the retreat. Tuition does not include room and board, meal plans, or any extras or add-ons. Tuition does not include travel by land, air, or sea. Room and board, meal plans, extras, add-ons, or travel will not be refunded.
POLICY FOR VIDEO AND AUDIO RECORDING TRAININGS, WORKSHOPS, AND RETREATS
- Online trainings, workshops, and retreats may be recorded and used at CompassionWorks LLC’s discretion. Demonstrations may be recorded however, will only be used with signed consent of the demonstration participants. Breakout rooms and practicums are not recorded. We respect your privacy. If you are concerned with your image or voice being recorded used in any manner please, feel free to reach out and let us know.
- On-site and in-person trainings, workshops, and retreats may be recorded and used at CompassionWorks LLC’s discretion. Demonstrations may be recorded however, will only be used with signed consent of the demonstration participants. Dyad or Triad practicums will not be recorded. We respect your privacy. If you are concerned with your image or voice being recorded and used in any manner please, feel free to reach out and let us know.
- Attendees may not record any portion of the trainings, workshops, or retreats for any reason. Attendees who attempt to record by audio and/or video will be removed from the training, workshop, or retreat and no refund(s) will be given.
GRIEVANCE POLICY FOR TRAININGS, WORKSHOPS, AND RETREATS
All the staff at CompassionWorks strive to be culturally and linguistically competent. We want to provide a safe and professional environment. We acknowledge that as humans we cannot fully understand or appreciate others’ experiences from different racial/ethnic backgrounds. We are open to talking about these topics and welcome the opportunity to grow and collaborate in this area. Feedback and discussion on these topics is welcome throughout the training.
With the above in mind, we know that things can be said and done that are hurtful. So, if at during a training you feel you were mistreated in any way and wish express a grievance about it, your options are as follows:
- You can express the grievance to the individual who offended you.
- You can express the grievance to one of the staff in the training, either the trainer, a supervisor or the administrator. You can address the issue in private with them by sending a back channel chat message to them to set up an online meeting.
- In addition, you can address the issue with either of the program developers, Jordan Shafer or Jose Carbajal. Their contact information is available in the training materials.
- If you are not satisfied with CompassionWorks’ resolution, you can address EMDRIA, directly. The email address to contact EMDRIA is training@EMDRIA.org.
EMDR THERAPIST TRAINING SPECIFIC POLICIES
POLICY FOR MISSING TRAINING HOURS
- The charge for rescheduling to make up any missed portion of the training over 20 minutes is billed at $125 per missed hour with a minimum charge of one hour. This may not apply to computer or internet malfunction if it is quickly followed with a phone call and/or resolution.
- Any missed portion of the training over 20 minutes must be approved in advance and approval may not be possible depending on time and day of the training.
POLICY FOR MISSED CONSULTATION CALLS
- Consultation Calls that are not cancelled 24 hours prior to the scheduled time may be billed at the rate of $50.00 per call. That includes no-show and late-cancellation calls. The payment for that will be due prior to completion of the program. To cancel a call, contact Jordan.
- Missed consultation calls must be rescheduled.
- Missed time more than 15 minutes must be rescheduled.
REQUIREMENTS TO ATTEND THE TRAINING
- There are minimal requirements for the online training: You will need to be able to have a quiet and private space for participation with your fully functioning computer connected to the internet. Your computer must have full audio and video capabilities, and the camera must be turned on during the training. Using a Chrome or Firefox browser is preferred.
- Driving in a car, or otherwise being distracted during the training is not an option and may result in removal from the training. Refunds for removal will not be given. If for any reason, you must change locations during the training (internet or computer issues), alerting the technical support person or a training supervisor is mandatory. Include the reason you must change locations and timeframe of arrival to new location. These changes must happen before or after practicum times and not during, preferably during lunch or a break.
- Failing to provide privacy to your practicum partner as you would an actual client will result in immediate removal from the training. Refunds for failing to provide privacy will not be given.
- Attendees must have actual clients to practice with for presentation during the consultation calls. If you do not have clients for whatever reason, you can contact us prior to the start of the training to figure out if we can delay your consultation calls or if we need to reschedule/refund your training. Refunds will follow the cancellation policy and contact must be made 14 or more days prior to the start date of the training.
DOCUMENTATION REQUIREMENTS TO ATTEND THE TRAINING
Please email CompassionWorks or otherwise submit documentation from one of the following options:
- Documentation that shows your standing as a mental health professional, have a master’s degree (or doctorate) in a mental health related field (Social Work, Counseling, Psychology, Psychiatry, Psychiatric Nursing, etc.) and are licensed to practice as a mental health professional by your state board. Full eligibility requirements.
- If you have a graduate degree in the mental health field but are not yet licensed to practice, please document that you are working towards state licensure and under a licensed supervisor. (A copy of your intern license and letter from your supervisor will suffice.)
- If you are currently enrolled in a graduate program, please submit transcripts (unofficial) that show you have completed your core coursework and a letter from your licensed supervisor in the internship/practicum setting.
- First-year graduate students are not eligible.
TIMEFRAME FOR COMPLETION OF TRAINING
- The in-person, online, and hybrid training program are required to be completed within a 12-month period beginning at the time of attendance of the first weekend. (Completion involves attending Weekends 1 and 2 and the 10 hours of consultation and passing (70 or above) the post-test.)
- In the event of a crisis that delays completion in the required time limit, CompassionWorks’ administrator or owner needs to be informed prior to the 1-year completion date to arrange the completion of your training and develop a timeline for it. For such a stipulation, documentation from the trainee will be required.
CRITERIA FOR COMPLETION OF THE EMDR THERAPIST TRAINING PROGRAM
As per EMDRIA, attendees will have one year to complete the program from their first training day.
Criteria for completion will be based on the following:
- Completed 40 hours of training including lecture and practicums.
- Completed 10 hours of consultation calls. Attendees will be evaluated during their consultation calls by their Consultant. A score of 5 is required for completion of the training. You need to be prepared, be an active participant, and make an effort to apply EMDR therapy. Mistakes are okay and considered part of the learning process. The evaluations are scored on a two-point scale in each of the three areas noted below:
- Ability to apply the Eight Phases and the 3-pronged approach
- Ability to implement the Safe Calm Place and/or Resource Development
- Ability to use the standard EMDR protocol with an actual client or clients.
0 = did not demonstrate EMDR therapy application
1 = did demonstrate EMDR therapy application
- Completed and passed the EMDRIA posttest. The posttest is an open book test and may be taken up to 5 times, if needed. A passing score of 70% is required for completion of the training.
Upon completion of the above criteria (and including payment in full, documentation of licensure or school documents) attendees will receive a certificate of completion.
Attendees who do not meet the criteria for completion, will be assigned to a trainer to create an action plan for successful completion. The action plan session (50 minutes) and a follow up session (50 minutes) will be included as part of the training tuition but do not qualify as consultation hours. If more sessions are needed, then they will be billed at the rate of $50 per group session and $160 per hour for individual and will be done at the prerogative of the trainee. Attendees who fail to meet the minimum criteria may receive a “letter of attendance” but will not be able to receive a certificate of completion.
CONTINUING EDUCATION CREDITS FOR TRAININGS, WORKSHOPS, AND RETREATS
Continuing education (CE) credits for Texas LPC, LCSW and MFT mental health professionals and are provided by CompassionWorks at no additional charge.
Continuing Education (CE) credits are also available through CE-Classes for those needing credits for licenses outside of Texas. These are available for an additional charge with the price determined by whether a training, workshop, or retreat is purchased.
To see which regulatory boards are covered by CE-Classes, you will need to visit the registration page of the training, workshop, or retreat you are purchasing. You may also, contact your regulatory board to determine course approval.
EMDR THERAPIST TRAINING MORE INFORMATION
EMDR INTERNATIONAL ASSOCIATION APPROVED TRAINING
This is the complete EMDR Therapist Training approved by the EMDR International Association (EMDRIA), formerly known as Level I and Level II, including an additional 10 hours of consultation. Participants will learn the EMDR psychotherapy approach, the basic eight-phase EMDR protocol, the Adaptive Information Processing Model, and how to incorporate EMDR into your practice. This course will consist of didactic presentations, demonstrations, supervised practicum, and case consultations. Group sizes may vary depending on demand.
Participants must attend the full training and five 2-hour consultation groups to receive a certificate of completion in EMDR Basic Training. Approval of partial programs cannot be granted.