3rd Annual Mindfulness Retreat: “Being Your Self as Awareness” – Integrating Strategies from EMDR, Body Awareness and The Wisdom Traditions – June 05 – June 10, 2022
The Retreat Is nearly full so if you want attend it would be best to contact Jordan to discuss your options prior to registration.
Retreat Dates & Location
Continuing Education Credits
Travel Information & Covid-19
Tuition, Room & Board
CE Classes Information
Photos from 2019 Retreat
Purpose: The CompassionWorks Mindfulness Retreat is for licensed mental health professionals on using mindfulness in their clinical practice. While this retreat is open to all therapists, we will be using and teaching techniques from Eye-movement Desensitization and Reprocessing (EMDR) to help enhance the process. Non-EMDR trained therapists won’t be learning how to use eye-movements but will be taught ancillary techniques to use with others and on themselves.
The registration process is as follows:
- Register with CompassionWorks to pay your tuition and reserve your spot. At that time you can indicate if you want a single occupancy, or double occupancy with your own roommate, or double occupancy with another attendee.
- After you have registered with us, we will put you in touch with Shannon Baker, our Event Coordinator at Ghost Ranch, to complete your room request and meal plan.
Location: Ghost Ranch, Abiquiu, NM map
Dates: Summer, 2022 – (June 05 – 10, 2022)
The retreat begins on Sunday, June 5th, with arrivals beginning at 3:00 pm, dinner is 5:30 – 6:30 pm and the first meeting is from 7:00 until 8:30 pm.
Meeting times are Monday, Tuesday, Thursday, 9:00 am – 5:00 pm, Wednesday is an open day, and Friday is 9:00 am until Noon. Retreat ends after lunch on Friday, June 10th, at 1:00 pm.
Photos from 2019 Retreat
Intended Audience: This retreat is for all Mental Health Professionals (EMDR trained and non-EMDR trained) who want to learn about Mindfulness, EMDR and Body Awareness and to use it with their clients in their clinical practice. You do not need to be trained in EMDR to attend this workshop but you will come away from it knowing more about it – when to refer clients, how to use it in your own experience or possibly decide to become an EMDR trained therapist, yourself.
Non-workshop attending partners: Partners of registered workshop attendees are encouraged to attend the retreat, as well. They will be welcome to join in the meals, meditations and on all group activities.
Days and Times: This is a week long workshop with arrival time beginning at 3:00 pm (dinner is 5:30 to 6:30) on Sunday, June 05, 2022, and ending on Friday, June 10th, after lunch at 1:00 pm. See the full schedule below.
Location: Ghost Ranch Retreat and Education Center near Abiquiu, NM. (Nearest airports Albuquerque and Sante Fe.)
Continuing Ed: 20 CE credits for Texas LPC, LCSW and MFT and the 20 CE credits are also available through CE-Classes for those needing credits for licenses other than Texas; and is an option in the shopping cart to add CE-Classes credit for $50.00. Partial credit is not given. 12 EMDRIA credits are available for all members of EMDRIA.
Tuition & Payment Information:
Early Bird Discount Rate for tuition of $695.00 is good through May 22, 2022, after which the tuition is $795.00.
Check with Ghost Ranch for updated prices.
Room and Board: Once you have registered, we will contact you to arrange your room assignment and meal(s), upon which you will be invoiced accordingly.
We have two types of rooms. There are cottages with two double occupancy rooms and a semi-private bath and there are double occupancy rooms with a private bath.
Room cost – Cottages with double occupancy and semi-private bath: $700 – for five nights.
Room cost – Mesa level lodging, double occupancy with private bath: $775 – for five nights
The cost listed here is per room, so a couple reserving a room would have the same cost as an individual.
If you’re attending as an individual but want a roommate to the split room expense, let us know and we’ll try to arrange that. If, however, a roommate doesn’t appear then you will be responsible for the individual room cost.
Meals: $180.00 for the week. 15 meals, Sunday evening through Friday lunch. The food is good to very good “camp” food – natural and healthy. There is a conservation fee of $5.00 per person for the week.
Please note: We have no more rooms available at Ghost Ranch. You will need to call Ghost Ranch for any available rooms or you can book at the Abiquiu Inn. Booking at the Abiquiu Inn means that you will need to rent a car for travel to and from Ghost Ranch.
Travel Information and Covid-19 Policy
Travel Information: (map) Attendees can fly into Albuquerque International Airport (ABQ) or the Sante Fe Regional Airport. Sante Fe is closer to the ranch but, flights may be more expensive with fewer options. The only option for getting to-and-from the airport to the ranch, at this time, is to rent a car.
We no longer can arrange a ride sharing option because the shuttle is full.
Please view the Ghost Ranch Covid-19 policy page.
Please view the New Mexico Department of Health’s page for further information.
By purchasing this workshop, you agree to abide by the policies set by Ghost Ranch in regard to Covid-19 and any restrictions, tests, masks, or requests made by employees of Ghost Ranch. Ghost Ranch considers proof of vaccination as being up to date on the first two shots and the booster shot.
Cancellation Policy: Cancellation/Refund: Your payments, including tuition and travel is refundable less a processing fee of $75.00 up to 10 days prior to the workshop date. Nine days prior or less, no is refund is given.
All grievances must be in writing to Jordan Shafer, and will be replied to within 5 – 10 business days. This workshop is held in facilities which are in compliance with the Americans Disabilities Act. Please contact Jordan Shafer if special accommodation is required.
Continuing Education Information:
20 continuing educations are earned which includes 12 EMDRIA credits, and will be available to all EMDRIA members.
For those needing credits other than Texas, 20 CE credits are also be available through CE-Classes. There is an option in the shopping cart to add CE-Classes credit for $50.00. Partial credit is not given.
CE Classes is the provider of (CEs).
Skill Level – All levels, Beginner to Advanced
“There are no known conflicts of interests for this workshop”
These credits are for Psychologists and Counselors outside of Texas
20 CEs for state licensure are provided for:
“Certificates are awarded online after completion of the workshop. Participants print their own certificate after registering at ce-classes.com, entering a keycode, and completing an evaluation form.”
“Licensed Professionals should contact their regulatory board to determine course approval”
All grievances must be in writing to Jordan Shafer, and will be replied to within 5 – 10 business days.)
ADA assistance – Please contact Jordan Shafer if special accommodation is required.
CE-Classes is approved by:
- The American Psychological Association (APA) CE-Classes.com is approved by the American Psychological Association to sponsor continuing education for psychologists. CE-Classes.com maintains responsibility for this program and its content.
- This course is NOT available for NBCC credit
- This training does not offer ASWB ACE credit to social workers.
- Florida Certification Board
- The Florida Board of Clinical Social Work, Marriage and Family Therapy and Mental Health Counseling Provider #852 BAP-Expires 3/31/2023
- The California Board of Behavioral Sciences. The California Board of Behavioral Sciences, BBS, recognizes relevant course work/training that has been approved by nationally recognized certifying bodies, such as APA, to satisfy renewal requirements.
- California Consortium of Addiction Programs and Professionals (CCAPP) Provider Number OS-12-147-0223 Expires 02-2023
- The Texas Board of Social Work Examiners – CE-Classes.com meets the requirements for acceptable continuing education
- The Texas Board of Professional Counselors – CE-Classes.com meets the requirements for acceptable continuing education
- Massachusetts Authorization Number: (TBD)
- Ohio Counselor, Social Worker and Marriage and Family Therapist Board – Provider # RCST031201
- New York Social Work Board – CE-Classes.com is recognized by the New York State Education
Department’s State Board for Social Work as an approved provider of
continuing education for licensed social workers #SW-0120.
- The Florida Board of Nursing (CE Provider #: 50-4896) Expires 10/31/2022 Do not send certificates to the Florida Board of Nursing. You must keep this certificate for 4 years.
- The California Board of Registered Nursing. CEP 15647 Expires 11/30/2022.