The Following are the Learning Objectives for the CompassionWorks EMDR Therapist Training.
EMDR Therapist Training Learning Objectives for Weekend 1
- Identify how to integrate the standard EMDR therapy to psychotherapy
- Use the standard EMDR Procedure to feel competent
- Explain the development of EMDR therapy
- Recognize the current inclusion of EMDR therapy in treatment guidelines
- Distinguish, identify and explain the concepts of the AIP model
- Compare and summarize how to differentiate EMDR therapy and the AIP model from other psychotherapy approaches
- Identify the EMDR’s Eight phase treatment procedure
- Analyze how to describe EMDR’s Three-pronged approach
- Integrate EMDR safeguards.
- Rank the effects of “Big—T” and “Little-T” Trauma
- Summarize how to distinguish how EMDR helps with impairments in social, occupational, health, relational, and other areas of functioning
- Recognize the implicit and explicit memory functioning
- Identify and summarize memory linkage and association
- Recognize how EMDR processing causes an adaptive shift in all components of the memory, including sense of time and age, symptoms, reactive behaviors, and sense of self
- Compare and summarize EMDR from psychodynamic, CBT, experiential, and other therapy models
EMDR Therapist Training Learning Objectives for Weekend 2
- Identify and summarize the 8-Phases of EMDR therapy
- Demonstrate Resource Development & Installation (RDI)
- Recognize how to handle Abreactions
- Explain and identify Strategies for Blocked Processing
- Explain how to recognize Types of Blocked Processing
- Demonstrate how and analyze how to handle looping
- Explain and evaluate how to process and resolve feeder memories
- Distinguish how demonstrate the Appropriate Application of Cognitive Interweaves
- Compare how to recognize the types of feeder cognitive interweaves and how to apply them
- Demonstrate how to apply the Future Template.
- Select Advanced Methodology: Additional protocols and specific populations
- Explain how to identify and evaluate Professional and Legal Issues
- Demonstrate how RDI is used to develop positive introjects, increase affect regulation and adaptive responses
- Contrast how to practice and use the RDI procedure.
- Identify and use the Recent Event Protocol
- Explain and summarize traumatic event protocols
- Recognize how to use EMDR with Complex PTSD
Showing 5 comments
I need to access the manual online to print out DES, etc. Where is the link/material?
I am a pastor and my Sunday’s are basically nonnegotiable due to church services. I am a LICENSED LPC in Georgia & want to take this trading for EMDR. Is there any other option available for the Sunday sessions of the training?
Yes, we have two weekday trainings on the schedule.
Will you have any in person trainings this year?
None are planned, at this time. Jordan