Program, Registration and Payment Information
The fee includes both weekends 1 & 2, and the 10 hours of group consultation.
Early Registration – Before the 14 days prior to the first weekend of the training.
$1495.00 Early Fully Licensed Registration
$1295.00 Associate/Intern/grad student, full-time nonprofit employee
Regular Registration – Paid after the 14 days prior to the start of the first weekend of the training.
$1645.00 Fully Licensed Registration
The following payment options are available:
- You can pay in full at the time of registration.
- You can pay 1/3 down and 1/3 monthly for the two months after registration. The payment plan incurs a 5% charge. (You will need to be paid-in-full to receive your certificate of completion.)
- You can mail a check.
- You can contact us directly if other options are needed.
- Invoice Payment. Invoice payments must be paid in a timely manner. Invoice payments are not to be used as place holders. Unpaid invoices may revoke your registered status at any time prior to the training.
You select the option at the end of the shopping cart just prior to payment.
Criteria for Completion of the EMDR Training Program
As per EMDRIA, attendees will have one year to complete the program from their first training day for both virtual and online trainings. In the event of a crisis that delays completion in the required time limit, CompassionWorks’ administrator needs to be informed to arrange the completion of your training and develop a timeline for it. For such a stipulation, documentation from the trainee will be required.
The full training consists of attending and participating in the two 3-day blocks of didactic teaching and practicums (usually the two 3-day weekends) and 10 hours of EMDR consultation on using EMDR with actual clients.
In addition to attendance, the final criteria for completion will be based demonstrating the following:
- Ability to apply the Eight Phases and the 3-pronged approach
- Ability to implement the Safe Calm Place and/or Resource Development
- Ability to use the standard EMDR protocol with an actual client or clients
Attendees will be evaluated during their consultation calls by their Consultant.
The evaluations are scored on a two-point scale in each of the three areas noted above:
0 = did not demonstrate EMDR therapy application
1 = did demonstrate EMDR therapy application
Evaluations are done during the consultation calls. A score of 5 is required for completion of the training.
Completed 10 hours of consultation. Consultation time computations are based on 15-minute blocks of time.
Completed and passed the EMDRIA post-Test. The post-test is an open book test and may be taken up to 5 times, if needed. A passing score of 70% is required for completion of the training.
Upon completion of the above criteria (and including payment in full, documentation of licensure or school documents) attendees will receive a certificate of completion.
Attendees who do not meet the criteria for completion, will be assigned to a trainer to create an action plan for successful completion. The action plan session (50 minutes) and a follow up session (50 minutes) will be included as part of the training tuition but are do not qualify as consultation hours. If more sessions are needed then they will be billed at the rate of $50 per group session and $160 per hour for individual and will be done at the prerogative of the trainee. Attendees who fail to meet the minimum criteria may receive a “letter of attendance” but will not be able to receive a certificate of completion.
Time Frame for Completion of Program
- The online program is required to be completed within a one year period beginning on the date of attendance of the first day of the first weekend. (Completion involves attending Weekends 1 and 2, the 10 hours of consultation, score 70% or above on the post-test and getting 5 points or more on the consultation evaluations.)
- The in-person program is required to be completed within a one-year time frame, as well.
- In the event of a crisis that delays completion in the required time limit, CompassionWorks’ administrator needs to be informed in advance of the one-year mark, to arrange the completion of your training and develop a timeline for it. For such a stipulation, documentation from the trainee will be required.
- A charge of $125.00 per hour is charged for missed training hours, including consultation calls.
All the staff at CompassionWorks strive to be culturally and linguistically competent. We want to provide a safe and professional environment. We acknowledge that as humans we cannot fully understand or appreciate others’ experiences from different racial/ethnic backgrounds. We are open to talking about these topics and welcome the opportunity to grow and collaborate in this area. Feedback and discussion on these topics is welcome throughout the training.
With the above in mind, we know that things can be said and done that are hurtful. So, if at during a training you feel you were mistreated in any way and wish express a grievance about it, your options are as follows:
- You can express the grievance to the individual who offended you. A private breakout room can be provided.
- You can express the grievance to one of the staff in the training, either the trainer, a supervisor or the administrator. You can address the issue in private with them by sending a back channel chat message to them to set up an online meeting in a breakout room.
- In addition, you can address the issue with either of the program developers, Jordan Shafer or Jose Carbajal. Their contact information is available in the training materials.
- If you are not satisfied with CompassionWorks’ resolution, you can address EMDRIA, directly.
Documentation Requirements to attend the training.
Please email CompassionWorks or otherwise submit documentation from one of the following options:
- Documentation that shows your standing as a mental health professional, have a master’s degree (or doctorate) in a mental health related field (Social Work, Counseling, Psychology, Psychiatry, Psychiatric Nursing, etc.) and are licensed to practice as a mental health professional by your state board. Full eligibility requirements.
- If you have a graduate degree in the mental health field but are not yet licensed to practice, please document that you are working towards state licensure and under a licensed supervisor. (A copy of your intern license and letter from your supervisor will suffice.)
- If you are currently enrolled in a graduate program, please submit transcripts (unofficial) that show you have completed your core coursework and a letter from your licensed supervisor in the internship/practicum setting.
- First-year graduate students are not eligible.
Cancelations and Refunds
- If cancellation is more than 14 days prior to the training start date, then the full refund of the amount paid minus a $75 fee will be given.
- If cancellation is between 4-14 days before the training start date, then no refund is given but, we can apply the amount paid minus a $75 transfer fee to another training.
- If cancellation is 3 days or less prior to the training start date, then no refund is given but we can apply the amount minus a $400 transfer fee to another training.
- On the start date of the training, no refunds will be given.
- Transferring to another training nullifies any refund.
- After the training has been started by the purchaser, no refunds will be given.
- Changes to the 2nd weekend of the training will incur a $375 fee.
- The 5% payment plan fee will not be refunded in any event.
Policy for Missing Training Hours
- The charge for rescheduling to make up any missed portion of the training over 20 minutes is billed at $125 per missed hour with a minimum charge of one hour. This may not apply to computer or internet malfunction if it is quickly followed with a phone call and/or resolution.
Any missed portion of the training over 20 minutes must be approved in advance and approval may not be possible depending on time and day of the training.
Policy for Missed Consultation Calls
Consultation Calls that are not cancelled 24 prior to the scheduled time may be billed at the rate of $50.00 per call. That includes no-show and late-cancellation calls. The payment for that will be due prior to completion of the program. To cancel a call, contact Jordan.
Missed consultation calls must be rescheduled.
EMDR International Association Approved Training.
This is the complete EMDR Therapist Training approved by the EMDR International Association (EMDRIA), formerly known as Level I and Level II, including an additional 10 hours of consultation. Participants will learn the EMDR psychotherapy approach, the basic eight-phase EMDR protocol, the Adaptive Information Processing Model, and how to incorporate EMDR into your practice. This course will consist of didactic presentations, demonstrations, supervised practicum, and case consultations.
Participants must attend the full training and five 2-hour consultation groups to receive a certificate of completion in EMDR Basic Training. Approval of partial programs cannot be granted.
Continuing Education Information
The EMDR Therapist Training offers 40 hours of continuing education upon completion of the program, including 40 hours of instruction and 10 hours of consultation. Partial credit is not given, as per the requirements of EMDRIA and the participating Texas boards.
CompassionWorks offers Texas LPC, Texas MFT, and Texas Social Workers (LMSW & LCSW) credits.
Forty continuing education (CE) credits for Texas LPC, LCSW and MFT mental health professionals and are provided by CompassionWorks at no additional charge.
Continuing Education (CE) credits are also available through CE-Classes for those needing credits for licenses outside of Texas. These are available for an additional charge of $40.00 per weekend.
The course agenda is to teach the use of EMDR Therapy to licensed mental health professionals and qualified interns. This is a link to the Training Objectives
In this case, CE Classes is the provider of continuing education (CE) credits. The Skill Level is All levels, Beginner to Advanced. “There are no known conflicts of interests for this workshop”. These credits are for Psychologists and Counselors outside of Texas. A total of 40 CEs are available, 20 per weekend of training.
“Certificates are awarded online after completion of the workshop. Participants print their own certificate after registering at ce-classes.com, entering a keycode, and completing an evaluation form.”
“Licensed Professionals should contact their regulatory board to determine course approval”
All grievances must be in writing to Ariel Shafer, and will be replied to within 5 – 10 business days.)
ADA assistance – Please contact Ariel Shafer if special accommodation is required.
CE-Classes is approved by:
- The American Psychological Association (APA) CE-Classes.com is approved by the American Psychological Association to sponsor continuing education for psychologists. CE-Classes.com maintains responsibility for this program and its content.
- Florida Certification Board
- The Florida Board of Clinical Social Work, Marriage and Family Therapy and Mental Health Counseling Provider #852 BAP-Expires 3/31/2023
- The California Board of Behavioral Sciences. The California Board of Behavioral Sciences, BBS, recognizes relevant course work/training that has been approved by nationally recognized certifying bodies, such as APA, to satisfy renewal requirements.
- California Consortium of Addiction Programs and Professionals (CCAPP) Provider Number OS-12-147-0223 Expires 02-2023
- The Texas Board of Social Work Examiners – CE-Classes.com meets the requirements for acceptable continuing education
- The Texas Board of Professional Counselors – CE-Classes.com meets the requirements for acceptable continuing education
- Massachusetts Authorization Number: (TBD)
- Ohio Counselor, Social Worker and Marriage and Family Therapist Board – Provider # RCST031201
- New York Social Work Board – CE-Classes.com is recognized by the New York State Education Department’s State Board for Social Work as an approved provider of continuing education for licensed social workers #SW-0120.
- New York Mental Health Practitioners Board CE-Classes.com, Inc. is recognized by the New York State Education Department’s State Board for Mental Health Practitioners as an approved provider of continuing education for licensed mental health counselors. #MHC-0260.
- New York Psychology Board CE-Classes.com, Inc. is recognized by the New York State Education Department’s State Board for Psychology as an approved provider of continuing education for licensed psychologists #PSY-0211
- The Florida Board of Nursing (CE Provider #: 50-4896) Expires 10/31/2024 Do not send certificates to the Florida Board of Nursing. You must keep this certificate for 4 years.
- The California Board of Registered Nursing. CEP 15647 Expires 11/30/2024.
- This course is NOT available for NBCC credit
- This training does not offer ASWB ACE credit to social workers.